It is super important that we take care of our skin in the healing process to ensure you maximise the benefits of the peel.
- Avoid exposure to the sun and always wear an SPF daily, even inside. At this time, your skin is super sensitive to the sun and it’s important to avoid any sun exposure for the following week. We recommend using a 50+ SPF, our top pic is the Mesoestetic Sunscreen.
- Avoid exercising for the remainder of the day after your treatment. The excess heat and sweat may be overbearing to your skin which can lead to infection, extended redness or an adverse reaction.
- Cleanse your skin with cool water as it may be feeling a little red and or tender post treatment. Wash your face with a soothing cleanser also and pat your skin dry, never rub!
- Try not to touch or pick at your skin. You have just received a deep cleanse on the skin and picking or touching may cause irritation, if you need to touch your face, always wash your hands before. If your skin starts to flake or peel, do not interfere with the skins natural shedding process.
- Avoid at-home treatments for the next few weeks. This includes peels, retinols or anything with salicylic acid as they might irritate the skin.
- Moisturise your skin more frequently to ensure you prolong the hydrating results of your treatment.
Haven't experienced a Chemical Peel with us before or perhaps you need to rebook your next treatment?Click here to secure an appointment with us!